Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

My SP 80 is less than a yr old and worked before it stored

Customer Question

my SP 80 is less than a yr old and worked before it stored over winter --now it won't start to save my life. Put in new spark plug, cleaned fuel tank, and filled with fresh gas--no dice. ...beginning to think Snapper is junk, and I paid $380 for a big lemon. What's up with this thing that's suppose to be "pull and start?" Please advise/resolve.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this if stored over the winter with gas in it the float is stuck or the jets are clogged remove the spark plug pour 1 teaspoon of gas in the holeinstall plug and see if it will start let me know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it cranked but wouldn't stay running.
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.
HI Thank you for that ok that means the jets are clogged you need to remove the carb , disassemble and boil out in a pot of hot water 10-15 min., air dry then assemble it or get a bottle of SeaFoam add 2-3 oz in gas tankwith the choke 1/2 on , do again with the gas in the plug hole several timeI hope his helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE I hope this helped you