Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have acquired a Generac 7750 EXL portable generator. Looks

Customer Question

I have acquired a Generac 7750 EXL portable generator. Looks to have almost no hours on it. There are a couple ser. nos. on it. One is;(###) ###-####& the other is(###) ###-#### ***** is a Mod. # ***** 01470. Eng. # *****;(###) ###-#### ***** you tell me what they mean?? Can you give me year of manufacture?? The surge wattage is 13500. I believe eng HP is 15. Is that correct?? My plan is to take this unit up to my cabin in Northern Wi as every time the wind blows the power goes out. Could you also tell me where I could purchase an owners manual?? I am anxious to get my hands on a copy. When I get North I will take the unit to be serviced & anything needing replacement. I know the old gas will be an issue as there was some in the tank. I'm sure the battery will need to be replaced. All in all the unit looks almost new--Im keeping my fingers crossed. Any help you can offer me will be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot, Gary **********
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. I have uploaded a copy of the Operator Manual for you.Click here to download it. There is no way to tell the age of your genset. Generac does not keep build dates like that. The 1470 is the model number of the genset itself, although it appears you are missing a number or 2. It should end in a "-0", "-1", "-2" etc. The(###) ###-####is the model number of the engine itself. The(###) ###-####will be the serial number of either the genset, or the engine, depending on which label you got it from, but it looks to me like a genset serial number. I have no idea what the "1011608421" is. It is too long to be a serial number. This unit is a BSPP unit. It was built under a joint venture between Generac and Briggs and Stratton. You can order parts from any B&S dealer. You will be able to get some parts from Generac, but for the most part they will refer you to B&S.