Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a John Deere x300 mower with a 2cyl. Kawasaki

Customer Question

hello I have a John Deere x300 mower with a 2cyl. Kawasaki motor. The mower died when I pull up pto to engage blades. The main 15 amp fuse was blown. Replaced it. Still only cranked, no start. Pulled plugs, no spark. Replaced ignition control module and it started right up. Ran 25 seconds and died again. No no spark again?? Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
If you remove the single wire going to the two ignition coils do you have spark? The coils and the magnet in the flywheel is all that makes the spark on this engine. If you have spark,the kill circuit is shorting out the spark. Does the engine have an oil pressure switch? Near the oil filter? Looking at parts book, I did not find one, but oil switch can kill spark if it does not detect oil pressure.