JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

My Poulan starts up fine but then runs very irregularly. It

Customer Question

my Poulan starts up fine but then runs very irregularly. It runs opposite of the throttle trigger.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.
HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.So when you pull the trigger it actually slows down and when you release the trigger it speeds up, if I am understanding your issue correctly.I would look for an air leak between the carburetor and the cylinder(plastic isolator flange loose or cracked, bad gasket).Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I haven't had a chance to try the suggestion yet. I had this problem one other time and a local authorized service center said that it was the mag. ??? They changed the mag and it didn't help. I have a lot of 2 cycle experience and my instincts tell me that it is an air leak. I was just hoping that it was something else cause I didn't want to dig that deep. You already charged me the balance so consider it done. I'll just have to get into it when I can.
Let me know what you find out when you get a chance to check it out. You can always come back here and continue our conversation at any time.Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.