Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Just bought the 2008 1554 cub cadet, changed oil and new battery.

Customer Question

just bought the 2008 1554 cub cadet, changed oil and new battery. after completing this job went to start and dead. noticed the oil light now lit when key is in on position. pto is off
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: is there an oil sensor that could be defective preventing it to start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 6 months ago.
HI my name is***** will be assisting you.No, there is no sensor that would keep the engine due to oil issues, it would keep it from actually starting and running but it should still crank or turn over.There are two safety switches that could keep it from cranking or turning over, one on the clutch/brake pedal and the other on the PTO switch or deck engage lever.Can you tell me if you are getting voltage to the small wire on the side of the starter solenoid? If so then your problem is either a bad ground or the starter is bad.