JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

Toro LX427 Lawn Tractor - I cannot get the engine to start

Customer Question

Toro LX427 Lawn Tractor - I cannot get the engine to start and need to move it manually onto a trailer to take in for servicing. I have the brake disengaged and pulled the lever on the underside of the rear to disengage the transmission, as noted in the owner's manual, but still cannot get it to roll free manually. Any suggestions?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The mower is 3 years old and has worked well in the past, but I have not had to manually move it previously.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.The brake may still be stuck on the side of the transmission, you could try reaching under the rear of the machine normally on the right side of the transmission locate the brake assembly and just make certain that it is totally releasing. The other thing that you can do is to lift one of the rear wheels off the ground just slightly and it will allow the machine to roll easier.