JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Is honda having problems with gx630 air filters

Customer Question

,is honda having problems with gx630 air filters
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 7 months ago.
HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.This air filter system is normally bullet proof, the filters fit in and the cover tightens over them to form a nice seal. I have seen a few of these engine however that the breather hose was not attached to the air filter base properly and incur dirt/dust ingestion and cause premature failure on the engine. I'm guessing that the dealer didn't mention anything about that.Based on the information that you have provided I am to assume that this engine is possibly still under warranty. You can always take it to a different dealer or get the Honda distributor in your area to get involved with the determination of whether it would or would not be warranty. There are several other signs that the dealer can look for to determine warranty other than just the air filter. If you would like to provide me with your zip code or city and state I can provide you with your local Honda distributor name and phone number to contact them.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
any help will be appreciated i am 77 with parkinsons [ have over 40 yrs exp as aa serrvice mgr mostly chev and know the ser mgr can make you or break you paul hardesty milton-ftreewater or 97862 cell(###) ###-#### *****
This is the address and contact information for your local Honda engine distributor in your area. I would suggest that you contact one of their technical help personnel and explain the situation and see if they will offer you any assistance or help with the issue. SCOTSCO, INC.www.scotsco.com/16750 S.E. Kens CourtMilwaukie, OR 97267(503)(###) ###-####ax (503)***@******.*** I am also including a list of Honda engine dealers in your area as well that may be able to assist you with the issue.11.7 milesPape Machinery*****Walla Walla, WA###-##-#######) ###-####11.7 milesTom's Cycle & Power Prod*****Ste 2 Walla Walla, WA###-##-#######) ###-####33.3 milesBt Small Engine Repairs*****Pendleton, OR###-##-#######) ###-####11.8 milesThe Empire 928 S College Ave College Place, WA###-##-#######) ###-####47.8 milesFarmers Exchange 215 W Canal Dr Kennewick, WA###-##-#######) ###-####12.2 milesWalla Walla Saw 610 W Pine St Walla Walla, WA###-##-#######) ###-####37.4 milesPioneer West 64118 Mcdonald Ln La Grande, OR###-##-#######) ###-####29.9 milesSkyline Parts, Inc. 102 W Main St Dayton, WA###-##-#######) ###-####40.8 milesTimber-N-Turf Saw & Lawn 10304 W 1st St Island City, OR###-##-#######) ###-####48.1 milesJim's Fertilizer Co. 690 W Main St Pomeroy, WA###-##-#######) ###-####40.9 milesTri-County Equipment*****La Grande, OR###-##-#######) ###-####48.3 milesColumbia Grain & Feed 2001 W Lewis St Pasco, WA###-##-#######) ###-####47.3 milesRdo Equipment 1707 E James St Pasco, WA###-##-#######) ###-####51.0 milesButtercreek Equipment 2110 S Highway 395 Hermiston, OR###-##-#######) ###-####51.7 milesNorthwest Farm Supply 80411 N Highway 395 Hermiston, OR###-##-#######) ###-####I hope that this information is helpful to you. It has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.