JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

How do I get the v belt on the idler pulley of a raptor?

Customer Question

How do I get the v belt on the idler pulley of a hustler raptor?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm replacing the deck belt and can't figure out how to get the belt on the idler pulley.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.I would normally put the belt on all of the deck pulleys and idler first and then onto the engine pulley. Once you have it routed around the deck pulleys then you can start it onto one side of the engine pulley and turn the engine pulley to roll it onto there. If you don't want to use that method then you will need to pull the idler pulley over in order to get it onto the back side of the belt, this is normally a spring loaded pulley and does take some effort to move it enough to get the belt on.