Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

MY JOHN DEERE 455 LAWN DIESEL TRACTOR IS RUNNING SLOW. WOULD

Customer Question

MY JOHN DEERE 455 LAWN DIESEL TRACTOR IS RUNNING SLOW. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE LIMITS UNDER THE SEAT GO TO. IM SURE ONE GOES TO SEAT SWITCH. WHERE DOES OTHER SWITCH GO?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: TRACTOR WILL ONLY RUN IN SLOW SPEED. ITS A HYDROSTATIC DIESEL 455. MOTOR RUNS FINE, RPMS FINE, MOWING DECK AND PTO WORKS FINE.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: IVE REPLACE THE SEAL IN HYDROSTATIC LEVER, THE KEEPER HAD COME OFF, HAVEN'T PULLED SHAFT OFF
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WHEN CAN I EXPECT THE PHONE CALL. iTS 1:53 AM CENTRAL TIME
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HELLO
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.
Is the hydrostatic lever moving full travel That is the only thing that affects the ground speed of the tractor. The switches have no function other than start and run circuits. They are both working.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.
Did you see my response?