Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My PB301 doesn't want to move. Any resistance to movement at

Customer Question

My PB301 doesn't want to move. Any resistance to movement at all and the mower won't move. The engine runs fine.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Has either rear wheel been off, where the key that holds axle to wheel cold have been lost? This is a mechanical transmission , so it can't slip. The only slippage would have to do with the drive belt from engine to the transmission.
Did you get my response? What did you find?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well this is the first time I could reply. No wheel has been removed. It is brand new. It does drive sometimes but when there is even a small bump it stops. The engine keeps running fine and it is in gear but just won't move. I'm thinking the drive belt is slipping but other than take the transaxle cover off I don't wan to void the warranty by taking it apart more.The thing is I have a hard time transporting it to someplace for warranty service.
This mower uses a drive disc to turn the transmission input, no belt! The drive and driven disc need to be adjusted, I think you need to get warranty repair! The adjustment is not covered in owners manual,
http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/husi/husi2011_naen/husi2011_naen_pb30_532441965.pdf
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've tried to tell you that no, no wheels have been off. It is a brand new mower and it sometimes drives. Any resistance and it stops
I will opt out. Sorry.