Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My DYS4500 cranks, but it wont start. I put direct gas, but

Customer Question

My DYS4500 cranks, but it wont start. I put direct gas, but nothing., I dont have spark, even with new plugs
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Solenoid on the carb. clicks
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: new ign. switch, fresh gas, chrged battery too.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Did you remove spark plugs and check for spark with plugs grounded to the metal of the engine? If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug holes, re-install the spark plugs and see if it will start for a few seconds.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried the direct gas, spraying starting fluid too.I put the new plug with a clip to ground it, and no spark from both plugs.