Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Craftsman 24HP 48" mower electric start auto transmission model

Customer Question

Craftsman 24HP 48" mower electric start auto transmission model #917.273621 when you engage the brake clutch and start the tractor it starts ok but as soon as you release the pedal it dies we replaced the seat switch but it still does the same thing any help would be appreciated
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Safety switches that affect the run circuit is the seat, brake and the pto switch. Check the brake switch and the harness connections at the seat and brake switch. The mower thanks there is no one in the seat. Do you have a volt/ohmmeter to check the continuity between the switches?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have checked the continuity between the seat switch after we replace it and it is fine where is the break switch located I don't see anything on the schematic for the break switch
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/P0402113-00001.png
# ***** interlock switch.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I wanted to spend all this money I would take it to a service tech I wanted to get answers to the problem in writing
I sent link showing the switch location, it will be on the frame, onthe right side, where brake linkage can push it. I don't know what you expect.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will check out this switch and get back to you
OK>
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This switch also checks out ok what would be your next GUESS
Wires between the switches with bad connection or broken wire. Would need to check continuity of the wires between the switches.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As it is raining heavily here and have no garage to work in will have to get back to it later
OK>Thanks for the reply.
Ddi you get it going?