Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a lth1538 Husqvarna it wont start it turns over and

Customer Question

I have a lth1538 Husqvarna it wont start it turns over and will run for 15 seconds then dies if I pour gas in carb could it the electric thing on carb bowl new fuel filter also be also my lites don't turn on it is brand new battery its like 6 yrs old
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 12 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. has the tractor ran this year at all , also of not did it have gas in it from last year ? It sounds like a carburetor issue . The thing on the bottom of the bowl is a anti backfire solenoid . That wouldn't stop gas getting to the carburetor. My concern is it could be bad gas in the carburetor
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I run it in maybe nov new fuel filter and battery I used stybil and ran it till it got in carb
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
but I put new gas in it today too it fired if I dump in carb
Yeah it definitely sounds like it either isn't getting gas or the carburetor is blocked . Or the gas in the bowl is bad and won't burn
Have you tried draining the carburetor bowl