Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

Curtis, I have a heavily wooded lot and looking at a couple of vintage wood chippers

Customer Question

Hi Curtis,
I have a heavily wooded lot and looking at a couple of vintage wood chippers/shredders.
1) Kemp k6
2) Tornado 612.5
The bodies are in good condition - minimum rust and both engines run good. I like the vintage because they are made in USA and are all steel. Both are B&S 5hp
I need a real work horse. Do you know anything about these two machines? is one better than the other?
There is about $100 price difference.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I don't know about either one! Look for the one you can find a parts source , if you ever need replacements. Let me opt out, and see if someone else will give an answer!
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Between the 2 I would go with the kemp . The reason being you can still get kemp parts here phone number(###) ###-####is the correct number & kemp parts are still available also the new fax number is(###) ###-#### ***** the tornado is Under the simplicity banner it looks like most of the major part are getting impossible to find