Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a john deere f935 mower,the housing and bearing on

Customer Question

Hi i have a john deere f935 mower,the housing and bearing on the pto shaft shattered.i got a new housing with bearing and got it part way on,but will not go any further.any suggestions
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this is the shaft smooth , that would just slide onuse sand paper to clean it up , and oil so the bearing slides on the shaft I hope this helped you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no it did not answer my question the shaft is not smooth it is curled.
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HiAre you asking for a Phone Call ??if so you need to use the call service Request
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HI Just seen your answer that bearing is pressed onfrom the cone, you can heat the cone, not bearing, and tap it on with a Brass Punch Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is no cone the bearing is inside of a housing you can,t get a brass punch in there and hit it with a hammer.you are supposed to be a john deere expert so if you don,t have the correct answer i want my money back.
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi Maybe we are on a different page here is the bearing and housing on the PTO shaft