Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I installed the drive belt on my 40 inch cut Murray mower..the

Customer Question

I installed the drive belt on my 40 inch cut Murray mower..the belt is on right...front pulley rear pulley an tension pulley..now I don't have but about two inches of tension on brake/clutch petal...
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Model number? two idler pulleys? Flat pulley or grooved pulley? Flat pulley will go to the backside of the belt ,Grooved pulley to grooved side.