Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines

I have a gt225 john deere riding mower. I was mowing the other

Customer Question

I have a gt225 john deere riding mower. I was mowing the other day for several hours and it was running fine and, suddenly started to sputter and then shut off. It turns over fine but, will not start. It does not appear to even try to fire it just turns over and will not start. I suspect it may be a fuel pump but, would appreciate your advice.
Thank you,
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.
HI i'm WayneI will help you with thisYes, what you are describing is a fuel pump failedremove the line that goes to the carb at fuel pump,put a rag over it and crank it over , you should get a lot of gas from itif not, yes replace the fuel pumpP/N AM133627, if yes , check the fuses the fuel shut of solenoid may not be workinglocated on the bottom of the Carb, you should feel it click when key switched to on I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more starIf not use the reply button, not Bad/Poor serviceThis is the only way I get Credit for the Questionwayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.
Hi Just following up with you did my answer help you let ,me know,Please
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.
Hi Just a follow up with you did you get this issue resolved yet I took the time to answer you Please take the time to reply Wayne