Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Tecumseh built similar starter drives with different numbers

Customer Question

Tecumseh built similar starter drives with different numbers of teeth, 9,10,11, and 16 teeth that I am aware of. Obviously the flywheel ring gears would have varying numbers of teeth-the more teeth on the ring gear the more teeth on the starter drive. Can you tell me what number of teeth on the starter drive fits which number of teeth on the ring gear ? I do know the*****is for the 120 volt starter and 100+ tooth ring gear but not any others.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.
Hi i'm Wayne I see you been waiting a long time do you still need help with this let me know
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you know the answer ? I am converting all of my gasoline small engines to electric start or starting them with my 1/2" Milwaukee drill as I have lost partial use of my right arm and cannot successfully pull a starter rope. I have the correct flywheel ring gears to fit my applications but need to match starter drives hence my problem, matching drives to ring gears for Tecumseh
8 to 12 hp engines. If you know the answer I could still use the help. I had already received an email from Just Answer giving me a discount on my NEXT question, if I had one, as they couldn't answer this one.
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.
Hi I will try to find the answer for you I know what you are going thru , R/arm I have maybe the same issue, from a work injury , Fan at work
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.
Hi I am sorry , I did not have any luck researching this sorry I could not help you