Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Craftsman tractor model no.###-##-####24 HP with

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman tractor model no.###-##-####24 HP with a 42"deck. I had a problem where the drive belt would always fall off as soon as I would go in reverse. I found the reason why ( The frame was cracked on both sides of the axle ) Anyhow, I fixed that problem and my current issue is that I can go faster in reverse than I can going forward, very sluggish!! Any suggestions???
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
This hydrostat transmission, you just need to adjust the linkage from the foot pedal to the transaxle lever, to give forward more travel on the lever. Your linkage is too far to reverse, and too little to forward.
Did you see my response?