Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Toro 824xl snowblower. I stepped up the engine

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Toro 824xl snowblower. I stepped up the engine from rmsk80 to a rmsk100.
I managed to get the rmsk100 3/4 shaft and pulleys to line up with the impeller and drive pullies. I had to create new mounting holes. The only issue seems to be that the Toro 824xl drive belts seem to be too long. They are sized at: Drive Toro 94-8812 V BELT-TRACTION 34.75 x 0.375 and Impeller Toro 94-8803 V-BELT, IMPELLER 38.38 x .5 So was wonder if I drop down 1 inch or so on the belts would that work? For example 33in for traction and 37in for impeller.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Belts are sized by there outside diameter, so take a steel tape measure, and lay it on top of the grooves of the pulleys you need the belt for. Set idler down to it's lowest setting, and measure, then raise it to it's maximum and measure again. The first will be the minimum belt length, the other the maximum, A narrower belt will go deeper into pulley , so would have to be shorter.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my response?