Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Stihl fs 110 trimmer and Yazoo mower with Briggs&Stratton

Customer Question

I have a Stihl fs 110 trimmer and Yazoo mower with Briggs&Stratton 8.5hp engine and both quit working after 2-3 hrs of use (same day - one uses oil mix, the other just gas). Neither one will start now. Since the gas used in both was from the same source I'm assuming the problem is most likely the gas. My question is if that is the case, why did they both run for at least 2 hours before stopping?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Not other than what I have said.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
If Briggs engine won't start, does it have spark if you remove the spark plug and ground it? If it has spark we will assume it is a fuel problem, Try draining the carburetor float bowl and see if it has water in the bowl, from contaminated fuel. If you find water, then likley the trimmer has the same.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my response?