Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

My Onan 4500 commercial is not getting fuel, I just ordered

Customer Question

My Onan 4500 commercial is not getting fuel, I just ordered a new pump but have not got it yet. Just checking if it could be anything else.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I thought it was the filter but I have replaced the filter 3 or 4 times in the last year. It would run but then shut down with no warning. I took the filter off and cranked it over and no fuel came out. So I figured it may be the pump.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: It only has around 900 hours on it. It is on a 1998 Bell Telephone bucket truck.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
Yes, there are other things this could be. You might just be low on fuel, or you may have a cracked/broken fuel line between the tank and genset.It might also be a bad control or fuse, depending on which exact genset it is.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?