Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I ordered a 12RESVL-100LC12 generator and nat gas. Does it

Customer Question

I ordered a 12RESVL-100LC12 generator and nat gas. Does it have to be specified?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure what you are asking. Does what have to be specified?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The specs said that it will run on either lp or nat gas however there was no place to choose which you wanted.
I have nat gas, my question is should that have been specified or will it automatically work on either.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
No sir, you do not have to choose.The genset will run on either LP or NG.But it is not automatic, to switch from one gas to the other, you must make an adjustment at the regulator and/or carburetor. The instructions for doing so are clearly printed in the user manual.However, the units come shipped from the factory set up for NG. You shouldn't have to do anything, but definitely double check it when you get it in to make sure someone at the factory did not make a mistake. But it is best to have the unit professionally installed. This way it is certain to be done right, and will meet code for your area.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?