Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 320 johndeere lawn mower with a liquid cooled kawaski

Customer Question

I have a 320 johndeere lawn mower with a liquid cooled kawaski 18hp and the prob is it keeps overheating. Doesnt over heat fast it takes about 45 min to get upto 210. I dont kno the borderline temp is on it. It has a new water pump and cover new thermostst radiator have cleaned the carb also. One other thing is that once it warms up it idles about 1800rpm when it should be around 800
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Im wondering if it could be intake gaskets are bad causeing it to suck air in and lean it out too much. Cause at night the left exhaust will glow red from the head to the muffler and the right side barely glows around the pipe at the head
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
I see no mention of the fan and fan belt? is the fan moving air freely through the radiator? Is the fan belt tight? Have you ran it without thermostat? Not unusual for the exhaust to glow red hot.
did you get my response?