Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

How do i get the rear wheel drive belt back on on model sc

Customer Question

How do i get the rear wheel drive belt back on on model sc26520
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have it around the front and both gear boxes. I can't seem to find enough room to get it around the tensioner.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** you are still in need of assistance, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
There is a spring attached to the idler arm that your tensioner pulley is bolt to. Make a note of where this spring attaches on both ends. You can use a marker, or a paint pen. After you have made notes of where your spring attaches, remove your spring. This will give your tensioner pulley, freedom of movement. Now, you can get your belt onto your tensioner pulley.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
After you have gotten your belt on your engine pulley, both gear box pulleys, and your tensioner pulley, you can re-attach your spring. Your spring will be difficult to stretch, in order to attach the opposite end. You can use a piece of rope to pull your spring, in order to attach it. Just loop your rope over the hook on your spring, then pull it, to attach it.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
You and I can continue from here. Thanks!