Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a cub cadet lawn tractor- hyrdrostatic transmission-

Customer Question

i have a cub cadet lawn tractor- hyrdrostatic transmission- it runs fine but the transmission seems to be seized. I think it might have something to do with the linkage that allows you to disengage the tranny. ( the l shaped pin on the back of the mower. It mes the pin that goes in and out of the tranny case, but doesn't seem to be sing anything. any thoughts on how to get the gears released so it can be pushed?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Did it quit under use? Or could the brakes be locked? It has a mechanical disc brake on the right side of the transmission, just ahead of the tire . Loosen the two caliper bolts, and tap the brake parts to see if it will let tractor roll. #63 are the two bolts. Free up the brakes, oil the parts with WD 40, and re-tighten the bolts.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my response?