Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Perl,JA: Huh?Customer:

Customer Question

JA: Huh?
Customer: My name is Rob ******. I have a John Deere HPX 4x4 Trail Gator that will not start. It was running great and then when the battery was low, I charged it and it turns over but will not start. We changed the plugs, It has plenty of spark and it is getting fuel. My friend who was helping me said he thought it was some kind of regulator. On the top it has the number SH689-12 4x4 132. Any suggestions.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: cannot think of anything, It has been running great. It is a 2004 with 250 hours.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
# ***** in the link is a fuel shut off solenoid. You say you have spark and fuel , How did you determine it has fuel? If it has spark and fuel it should run! If you just checked for fuel to the carburetor, this solenoid may not be opening, it has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on. You should hear it click if you turn key on and off.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my response on the carburetor solenoid?