Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I needed to move my tractor without it running. I pulled the

Customer Question

I needed to move my tractor without it running. I pulled the bypass lever amend now it won't go back in. I had been mowing before this happened
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I ran into a post and I didn't how how to back up. I was sitting on the manual so when I raised up to get it the rengine stopped. I had pulled this earlier to move it without starting it and it pushed in just fine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: This is the first time go me using the mower so I'm totally inexperienced.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. What is the make and model of your riding mower ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a John Deere and it was bought new last year. I don't have a model number.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a 54 inch cut riding tractor.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there
I'm here , so when you pulled the levee back it has a notch to hold it right ? . When you pull back a little to remove it from that notch can you push it in ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't get it to move either way. There is a mark showing where it should stop when it's pushed in but it won't move
Cab you try to rock it ? It may free it up , it movable now so you can roll it back and forth.