Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

23 h Kawasaki first started running rough after I was

Customer Question

Scag 23 h Kawasaki first started running rough after I was stuck in a steep ditch. It was ok for about a hour or so then started back rough and died. I had to replace the cut-off valve solenoid on the carb. after that it began to stall now and then. Now it wants to stall when ever it is under a load. Sometimes it will run fine while cutting and then stalls when I turn.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Have you ran a cylinder balance test, to be sure both cinders are equal? Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, engine should continue to run. If engine dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark and compression.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Did you find the problem?