Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

IS THE CENTER PULLEY BOLT TO 20 HP VANGUARD V TWIN LEFT THREADED?

Customer Question

IS THE CENTER PULLEY BOLT TO 20 HP VANGUARD V TWIN LEFT THREADED? IS IT RIGHT LOSEY
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I cannot loosen the center bolt by forcing it counterclockwise. Am I actually tightening it.?
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of? What confuses you?
Customer: The bolt should loosen unless I am turning it the wrong way. I have tried a breaker bar
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
Hello Michael. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. To loosen your bolt, you will turn it counterclockwise. Hopefully it was not cross threaded at some point.
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
You are already attempting to loosen your bolt correctly, and turning it the correct way.
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.
If you have an impact wrench, or can borrow one, it may help to loosen your bolt.