Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a toro self pulling lawn mower (recycler). After

Customer Question

Hi. I have a toro self pulling lawn mower (recycler). After winter it does start but does not get to its rpms and then stops again. Any quick tips on this?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Not sure what more I can say. When I pull the starter cord it does start. At first it just sputtered a bit and then stopped after a couple tries it does run for a little but never gets to its full rpms. Seems like it's stalling
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I think that's it. The mower is new from last summer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Briggs engine? Have you drained the carburetor bowl to be sure it is not filled with water!
Did you see my response?