Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

I just purchased a Craftsman lawn mower model no.###-##-####

Customer Question

I just purchased a Craftsman lawn mower model no.###-##-#### ***** has the 725 series Briggs & Stratton engine. It does not have sufficient power to pull a grade between front and back yard. House is a ranch with walk out basement. I tried to tighten cable but it made no change to the pulling power. To tighten the cable, I turned the nut clockwise as you look into the the control mechanism. Is there anything that can be done to improve the pulling power?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. What brand is your engine? Do you have the model numbers for your engine? If tightening your cable did not make a difference, then your drive belt could be at fault. Check your belt to see if it is worn, loose, or slightly slipping. We can continue from here. Thanks!