Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Generator is at least 5 years old (maybe older) and never had

Customer Question

Generator is at least 5 years old (maybe older) and never had gas in it. It will not start unless I put gas on the air filter. Then it will run until that gas is gone. Fuel shutoff is open and gas is getting to the carb.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Needle valve and float are stuck in the carburetor, remove the float bowl and see if you have fuel flowing through the needle valve and the float is free, and not corroded.
Did you get my response?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Out of town. Have not been able to try to fix yet.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
oK> Just checking!