Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Pearl, I need a color wiring schematic to figure out which

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I need a color wiring schematic to figure out which interlock is disabling my engine. I think. I get a "clunck" from with in the motor - NOT the starter or solenoid, and no control power to solenoid leads. the high amp 12V is available. Starter is new and bench tested.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: With ignition, I get 1 "clunck" only. nothing else. Battery is good.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Have you removed spark plug or plugs to see if fluid may be on top of piston and what you kear is starter not able to turn the engine? What is make and model , and application?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Motor not seized. Turns over fine when I put 12 v to attached starter.Simplicity(###) ###-####Consumer zero turn mower.
18 hp Kohler
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I have not checked for fluid on piston. If it turns over, it starts.
OK. Starter spins engine, was that with the battery from the mower? You say cluck is within the engine? Did engine run when you jumped the starter? Single cylinder engine or twin cylinder? Need to determine if this is electrical or you have something broken in the engine. Do the cylinders have compression?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's starting and running great.
I don't know why.
Was there a lot of smoke on initial start? If so, it had fluid on top of a piston. Thanks. Please ACCEPT to close.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Started clean and strong.