Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers

I have a lawn boy 6.5 gross torque mower with tru start and

Customer Question

I have a lawn boy 6.5 gross torque mower with tru start and smart choke that shuts off after a second or two of running an I don't know why
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I pull the cord and the mower starts running but won't stay.running g how do I fix?
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so but then again I'm not a small engine expert but it does have gas in it so that's not the issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: K thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, what is the mower model and serial number? Look by the rear wheels or under rear discharge chute.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Serial # *****
Spec No. -xt6502036
Lawn boy 6.5 ft-lbs gross torque with smart choke powered by 149cc Kohler engine also has try start
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry that serial number was wrong the following are correct
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
The carb needs taken off and cleaned. The main jet is clogged and needs a wire poked through it.I am searching for instructions.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago. is a video showing how to disassemble and clean the carburetor. This engine is on a Toro mower with same engine.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.
Here is another link.