Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My craftsman tractor shooting out gas and and idling ruff its 18hp twin i took out the

Customer Question

my craftsman tractor shooting out gas and
and idling ruff its 18hp twin i took out the
carburetor clean it wasnt dirty replaced spark
plugs
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Oil level ok and not smelling of gas? Did you examine the float in the carburetor? It wasn't filled with gas?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Black smoke when running? Is the choke flap open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tractor runs on full choke only no black smoke, i saw the float it's ok starts ok fresh oil level ok idles ruff
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
This is the older Briggs opposed cylinder engine, the fuel pump is part of the lower portion of the carburetor. It can also have an electric solenoid in it. Do you see a solenoid? If you have to keep choke on, you have no fuel going through the main jet.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my response?