Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Pearl. I killed the engine on my Snapper rear engine riding

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I killed the engine on my Snapper rear engine riding mower while cutting tall grass. It won't restart. Curtis B. suggested I remove the black wire from the kill switch and check for spark at the spark plug. Best I can tell, there is no spark. (I'm by myself and am not very confident of the test because I don't get a good pull on the recoil while holding the plug wire in the other hand....)
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Not off hand, except the manual referred to a 20 amp fuse but I can't find any fuse. The tech seemed to think it was referring to machines with electric start - so I don't know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer I'm going to try to help you with your snapper . If it was running and cutting when it died it may not restart if the blades are still engaged have you disengaged them ?