Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an 1811 Cub Cadet with a Koehler engine. Trying to

Customer Question

I have an 1811 Cub Cadet with a Koehler engine. Trying to change the ppo on front of engine but can't remove the bolt holding the pulley.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The bolt going into the crank - can't hold the engine from turning to take the bolt out.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
You can remove the cover behind the steering column, and put a wrench on the drive shaft to the transmission. It is bolted direct to the flywheel. That will hold engine while you loosen the bolt. I use an electric impact for taking off tires!
Please ACCEPT to close. Thank you.
Did you see my response?