Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** *****. I CAN'T GET MY CUB CADET 2182

Customer Question

Hi My name is ***** *****. I CAN'T GET MY CUB CADET 2182 TO GO INTO REVERSE. I HAVE ALREADY CHECKED THE SWITCHES. UNDERTHE SSEAT. WHAT ELSE COULD BE WRONG?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The tractor runs fine in forward but when you shift into reverse ---nothing hhappenc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Check the linkage from the directional lever, I think you will find the linkage is not moving the lever on the transmission for reverse, with hydrostat, if you have forward, the transmission is capable of reverse.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The linkage seems fine anything else it could be?
If the lever at the transmission is making the reverse movement, then the problem is with the hydrostat. It has valves for forward/reverse that could be swapped to see if the problem swaps places, located in the control cover top.
Did you find the problem?