Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

Hank, I have a general impact 34 generator. It starts

Customer Question

Hello Hank, I have a general impact 34 generator. It starts up and runs for about two seconds then it shuts down. It doesn't keep running
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The generator is on my travel trailer. It was running when I bout it about two years a go. I can start it up, then it runs for two seconds then it shuts down and the motor stops running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 months ago.
Check the oil level and make sure it is full. Low oil pressure will shut this unit down. If that is not it, what are the model and serial numbers?