Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Location and replacement of 90 amp fuse on starter solenoid

Customer Question

location and replacement of 90 amp fuse on starter solenoid 185 bayliner 4 cyl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I replaced the battery and in the process of putting the cables on the negative terminal the socket handle touched the + terminal = sparks. After I finished hooking up the battery, everything is dead, no blower, starter, acc, etc. I did take the + cable off the solenoid removed some tape and rubber covering the spade connector, but see nothing resembling a fuse
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so, you do need to be a midget or contortionist to get at the thing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has been nearly 24 hrs and no response
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I see you been waiting a long time Sorry about thatdo you still need help with this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes again
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
see previous emails, still need answer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is crazy, I give up
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
HI Sorry for delay, grandson 3rd Birthday the fuse for that be a button on vinyl panel inside that folds down and exposes the back of the guages, dash, and the fuse block is there.