Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have aToro Recycler Model #20331 Serial #311033519 It's stars

Customer Question

I have aToro Recycler Model #20331 Serial #311033519 It's stars OK but only runs for about 5 min and acts like it ran out of gas. It takes a couple of pulls to get it started again but stops again. The service shop replaced the air filter, spark plug and gas cap. They said it ran fine . I took it home and it did the same thing as before I took it to them. The said it might be the coil. I don't want to put any more money it that won't fix it .
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.
Has the carburetor bowl been removed and checked for debris and water? Engine is loosing spark or fuel. Typical coil failure would kill engine, but would not restart until cooled off. Fuel loss to the engine from the carburetor is much more likley.
did you find the carb problem?