Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Toro mower with &S engine, 190cc, 7.25 HP. A week

Customer Question

I have a Toro mower with B&S engine, 190cc, 7.25 HP. A week ago, while mowing, it began making intermittent clanking noises. I thought it was clogged with lots of wet grass. But then the engine stopped. (Not sure if this model has the auto shut-off for low oil) I let it cool 15 min, checked oil, added some. It started up with a little white smoke but ran fine. Yesterday I started it, ran for 45 min, stopped for a break and refill gas tank. When I started it up again, lots of white smoke came out of exhaust for over a minute, then gradually disappeared. I mowed for another 30 min. Checked oil stick, looked full. I noticed some dark, like burned, oil on deck under the exhaust housing.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Can you check the out on level ground with the engine cold as in not started ? Also make sure the oil doesn't smell like gas or is thin