Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Husqvarna 48" tractor has recently had annual service.

Customer Question

Hi! My Husqvarna 48" tractor has recently had annual service. All of the sudden I am having problems getting it to move in forward or reverse. I have to "play" to get it to move at all. I have to press forward on the accelerator 'just right' and sometimes it will start to move veryyyyyyy slowly. Once it does that, within a few seconds it will begin to pick up speed and act normally. As long as I don't have to stop for any reason, I'm okay. Once I have to stop, the ritual begins again. I've searched the internet and can't seem to find a consistent answer. If there is a 'drive belt', dang if I can find it. The deck belt, no problem. Changed that many times. But I am not locating any other belts. So I am clueless. Thanks for your help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI2011_NAen/HUSI2011_NAen_YTH24K48_532446310.pdf
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Page # ***** in the parts manual shows the belt. The belt is above the deck belt and best way to see it, is to remove the deck.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Belt has to be loose or off one of the pulleys.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/HUSO2011_NAen/HUSO2011_NAen_YTH24K48_532445472R1.pdf
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Page 23 in the owners manual above shows the belt arrangement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AWESOME! So sorry to just get back to you. The parts manual will also help me order the correct belt. I assume I need to order a V Belt. I've replaced the mower belt a few times with no problem. Looks like the drive belt will be a little more challenging. Maybe I'll get lucky and it has slipped off a pulley, but I doubt it or it wouldn't move at all, even with a bit of coaxing. I think it has stretched and needs replacing. Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate your help. Much less expensive than putting it in the shop as I'm sure that would have cost me a couple of hundred dollars.
Thank you,
Laurie Kimbles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank You , please ACCEPT to close.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Please rate to close so I get credit!