Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Generac Power Washer, Model 01292-2, the issue

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Generac Power Washer, Model 01292-2, the issue I have is the pressure is pulsing , there is a knob to adjust, however it doesn't seem to help. The motor runs fine, just pulsing. Can you advise on a part replacement?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Small Engine Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no, that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my is John and welcome to Just Answer. Is it loosing pressure then getting it back , also are you hooking the pressure washer up directly to the outside faucet?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes connected to outside faucet, just goes from full pressure out then to no pressure like every few seconds
Ok with the engine off but the water hooked up and on , squeeze the trigger and hold it open , if you hear a bunch if hissing it's air in the hose and pump , it can take up to 5 min to get it all out , have you tried that ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes no air in line
Ok it could be the unloaded valve , I'm going to try to get a diagram of the pump for you so we can locate it .
http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/generac-pressure-washer-model-1292 If you scroll down the pump diagram is on that page , parts 1 through 16 are all together, thats the unloader valve