Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a kohler command 27 it has no compression in either

Customer Question

I have a kohler command 27 it has no compression in either cylinder. I pulled off the valve cover I can feel the compression coming out by the valves. What to do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 0 compression. I can feel air blowing out by the head by the valves when I crank it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Take a probe and reach through the spark plug hole and feel for the pistons and turn the engine, to see if the pistons are moving. If the pistons are moving, it has to be valve priblem, and you will need to remove the heads. How did problem show? Under use?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The pistons are not moving.does that mean broken crank?
Crank or connecting rod failure!