Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Hank, my 5500 runs time then cuts out. Disconected

Customer Question

Hi Hank, my 5500 runs for short time then cuts out. Disconected the yellow wire right above the dip stick and it runs fine, got plenty of oil?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Runs for about 20 seconds then stops. Oil level is fine. Is the wire and sensor above the dip stick the oil pressure sending unit? When I disconnect the wire it runs fine, but as soon as I plug it back in it quits.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 6 months ago.
5500 what?What is the brand?Model number?Serial number?