Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

This is Les in Colorado. My ***** ***** Deere L110

Customer Question

This is Les in Colorado. My ***** ***** Deere L110 doesn't seem to be getting spark to the plug. The fuel solenoid was my first check and it seems to be working. I grounded the removed plug to the engine and can't see any spark while cranking the engine over. Any ideas what I can try next?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a Kohler 17.5 h.p. engine model CV4915. Ran good earlier this month.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Can you find the kill wire on the coil and remove it? The kill circuit may be grounding out the spark. All that makes the spark is the coil and the magnet in the flywheel. If no spark with kill wire removed, the coil is bad. If you do have spark, then check the kill wire for damage, back to the key switch, the keyswitch can be grounding out the spark.
http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_2339_d.pdf
Service manual,section 8.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was able to get the engine started before an answer arrived. I would prefer not to be charged for a response. Thanks .
What was problem?