Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a x324 won't start no spark, change plug still no spark

Customer Question

have a x324 won't start no spark, change plug still no spark just turns over.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What engine do you have? I show this as a Kawasaki twin engine.?? The engine would have two spark plugs. And with twin engine seems odd that both cylinders would loose spark. Is battery voltage above 12 volts and turns engine well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Curtis, It is a Kawasaki twin, battery was dead from over the winter, i didn't disconnect it which i usually do, must have been the mild winter. after charging it turns over fine. One thing that it odd, it almost feels like i get a small shock from the key. Not very often but been playing around wit it now for 2 days and I might think 5-6 times i felt it. I am wondering about a ground? I have replaced both plugs and no spark on either side. any thoughts Thing that sucks is there is a guy I am going to take it too but he is backed up 3 weeks just to get it in.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I see nothing that would kill the spark, other than the key switch. Can you get to the coils and remove the single kill wire and see if you have spark. I see nothing but the coils and the magnet to produce the spark. This model shows no other ignition parts. If no spark with coil wires removed, the coils have to be bad!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you find the problem? Please ACCEPT to close.