Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a model 60TP. 50 inch Troy Bilt Horse, my son's, it

Customer Question

I have a model 60TP. 50 inch Troy Bilt Horse, my son's, it has an electric PTO and it appears to be "stopped" by having engaged a medal stop on the frame. I can't get it to turn over but did hear the starter click. I know there are several "safety switches" in the electrical system. The engine appears to be free " moves back and forth minimally until it hits this metal stop. How do I get the PTO to disengage so I can try and start the mower? Is there any way to trouble shoot the PTO to see if it will function?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
!! there is no stop on the pto that would stop the engine! Remove the spark plugs and see if engine will turn, you may have fluid on top of piston.
If not, the engine may have internal damage and is not going to turn full circle. Broken connection rod or piston???
Did you find the problem? Please ACCEPT to close.